The North East of Scotland could support a further 9,000 offshore energy jobs by 2030 if the right funding is found, a report has suggested. Research on the future of the energy workforce by Robert Gordon University shows that if the area attracts £17 billion in renewable energy funding, thousands of new jobs could be secured. The findings were published as part of the university’s Making the Switch review which indicates the £17 billion must be front-loaded to establish new manufacturing and installation capacity in renewables. Researchers also found that just 10% of jobs in the region are currently in renewables with the remaining 90% of jobs in oil and gas. The report estimates that three out of five jobs in the region will support renewables by 2030.
Independent 18th May 2022 read more »
Report warns up to 17,000 north-east jobs at risk without energy transition cash. A new report from Robert Gordon University (RGU) suggests £17 billion of investment could secure the north-east’s position as a leading global energy hub, but a lack of ambition may lead to significant job losses.
Energy Voice 18th May 2022 read more »